HOW IT WORKS
Students who want to stay in residence after exams end can book Student Summer Accommodations (SSA). Summer Accommodations run in the spring and summer months to provide affordable on-campus housing exclusively for McMaster students.
- Stay for a month, two or the whole summer!
- Stay in a private bedroom within a 4-bedroom suite with a shared washroom.
- Shared access to a kitchenette and living area.
- Enjoy free wi-fi, central air-conditioning and a weekly cleaning service.
- A $300 non-refundable deposit is required. Booking fees will be charged to your student account.
- Convenient access to the Service Centre in the building lobby.
No refunds or cancellations will be accepted after you complete the booking for SSA.
Student Summer AccommodationsReturn to home
Applications opening January 2024
Special Pricing Available Only to McMaster Students
Log-in to the Reservation Portal to view our pricing.
All residents are required to abide by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities and all residence rules and policies are still in effect.
You will be required to sign an SSA agreement prior to your move date.
Please note that you are responsible for moving your personal belongings from your current residence to your new bedroom.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
A $300 non-refundable deposit will be applied to your Mosaic Student Account within 24 hours of completing your reservation. This deposit is due on or before March 31st, 2023. The remaining fee will be applied to your student account upon check-in and due on or before August 31st, 2024. Please note that interest will accrue on the fees after the aforementioned dates.
Roommates can be requested but are not guaranteed. The gender of your suite can be specified and that will be guaranteed.
Students Currently Living in Campus Residence
Students currently staying in residence looking to book Summer Accommodations please note the following:
- You will be required to transition to a new space within Mary E. Keyes Residence
- Accommodations are only available in Mary E. Keyes Residence
If you are a student currently living in residence and your reservation begins in May:
- You do not have to apply for a separate extension for your current room
- A $50 charge will be applied to your student account for extending your residence stay until the May start-date.
- Your room move date might be later than the May start-date.
- Your reduced summer rates will still begin on this date.
More details will follow via email shortly before your reservation start date.
You can extend your stay in Mary Keyes up to 1 week before the end of your stay (if availability allows). A preset term or month must be selected (see table above). Nightly extensions are not available.
No refunds or cancellations will be accepted after you complete the booking for SSA. Rates are not pro-rated (i.e., will not be adjusted for nightly stays).
- Exclusive access to 1 of 4 bedrooms in a Mary E. Keyes Residence suite.
- Bedroom is equipped with a twin sized bed (single), chair and desk with a book shelf, closet, garbage bin and recycling bin.
A washroom (includes sink, wall mirror, garbage bin, toilet, and shower) shared with one other person in the suite.
- Shared access to a kitchenette and living area in your suite with 3 other suitemates.
- Kitchenette includes fridge, microwave, glass cook-top, toaster, kettle.
- Weekly cleaning service for common area, kitchenette and washroom (remain in your bedroom while the Housing team members complete their weekly suite cleaning).
- Access to shared laundry facility on the 2nd floor of Mary E. Keyes Residence.
- High speed wi-fi internet access.
- Please bring your own bed linens and bath linens along with any cookware or utensils you may need. Bed linens are not included in your stay.
Dining during your stay
- No meal plan required.
- Please visit hospitality.mcmaster.ca for up-to-date hours of operation.