Helping to Make Your Move Safer
We want to make sure that any McMaster student moving into off-campus housing is able to do so in a safe manner. We are offering private residence accommodations with ensuite bathrooms for $10/night for up to 3 nights from April 30 to May 3. This is to ensure that landlords have time to clean between tenants and to reduce stress for our off-campus students.
Please note, we are not offering storage of moving items. Please bring only what you need for your stay.
Clean Start Stay reservations are now closed. If you are a McMaster student interested in summer accommodations, click the link below to learn more.2020 Student Summer Accommodations
Clean Start accommodations will be on the 9th and 10th floor of PGCLL, located in the North Quad adjacent from the Commons Building.
All guests will stay in a private bedroom with twin or double size bed with ensuite washroom. Guests will need to check in at the Commons Service Centre. Clean linens, towels, washcloths, and toiletries will be waiting for you in room.
Reservations (now closed)
Reservations are now closed for the summer.
To book online:
- Go to our online booking tool
- Log in using your MacID.
- Select “Clean Start Stays” program.
- Choose the length of your stay and select a room.
- Review the optional meal delivery option (if you would like to purchase meal delivery, please follow the instructions on this page).
- Once you have made your selections and agreed to the booking policies, the charge will be placed on your student account.
- After you have made your payment, the room will be reserved to you automatically and you will receive a confirmation email with your check-in information.
The Commons Service Centre is open from 11 a.m. to 7 a.m.
Check-in is at 4:00 p.m. the evening of your booking.
To check-in, simply head to the Commons Service Centre in the Commons Building. Staff will ask for the barcode you received when booking your room or your student ID number.
At check-in, you will receive your keys, and access card.
Please note: if you do not show up to check-in, you will receive a reminder email to check-in at the Commons Service Centre.
If you do not show up to check-in on the evening of your reservation, you will forfeit your prepaid night as per the Non-Refundable Cancellation policy.
Check-out is at 12:00 p.m. the morning after your stay.
To check-out, return your keys, and access card to the Commons Service Centre. Once you are checked out, you will receive a confirmation email. Please leave your dirty linens in your room in the supplied clear plastic bag.
Please remember that you may check-out earlier than your designated date/time, however you will not be provided with a refund as per the Non-Refundable Cancellation policy.
Please note: If you do not check out by your check out date/time:
- You will receive an automatic email from StarRez indicating that your check-out date/time has passed.
- A Late Move-Out fine of $50 will be applied to your student account
- A lock change charge ($200+) will be applied to your student account and your belongings will be removed from residence.